Wooden Boat Show
The North House Folk School is holding it’s 9th Annual Wooden Boat Show and Summer Solstice Festival this weekend, June 16-18th. If you are in Grand Marais and are looking for something to do then be sure to check out all of their activities listed on their website, I’ve listed some below.
Included in 2006:* * Featured Guests – Garrett and Alexandra Conover* * Boats to Tools Auction – an auction with a cause,
* * Northern Craft Demos – by North House instructors* * Wooden Boat Slide Series – schedule to be announced* * Handcraft Workshops – schedule to be announced
* * Wooden Boat Display – focusing on traditional wooden craft
* * Festival Courses – scheduled before, during & after the event * * Wooden Boat Raffle – new for 2006, see below* * Summer Solstice Festival – featuring the Good Harbor Hill Players
* * Delicious North Shore Cooking – a harbor-side barbecue, the
Chowder Challenge, the Steam Bent Brunch (arrive hungry)
* and So Much More! – the weekend’s offerings continue to evolve!
A downloadable schedule will be available soon!