Yippeeeee! I’m so Excited!
The beautiful weather yesterday was a blessing for most people. The sun was shining and the strong spring rays seemed to lazer away at the snow on the ground. Water was running everywhere from the thaw and while most people were ecstatic with the warmth all I could do was worry about what it would do to the snow on the Gunflint Trail.
One look at the extended forecast today and all I could say was Yipppeeeeeee! Spring will just have to wait another week because Mother Nature doesn’t want me to worry anymore.
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 5. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 30. East wind between 5 and 10 mph.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. East wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Monday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 15.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday: Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 5.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 13.
With these temperatures in the forecast the trails will be intact and in great shape for the Mush for a Cure next Saturday. What a relief it is to me, I bet you could hear me sigh from where you are sitting. The snowflakes are even falling while I type.
I know it must upset some people that winter doesn’t want to let go of it’s grip on the Gunflint Trail. I promise after next Saturday and the Mush for a Cure I will change my tune and be ready for the snow to melt. Well, maybe not quite, but I will be less obsessed about it and for sure by the end of April I will be watching the forecast like a hawk once again. I will need all of the snow melted and gone by May 3rd for the Ham Run Half Marathon.
Does weather make this much of a difference to everyone else? I’m glad I’m not a wedding planner with outdoor weddings every weekend, that would drive me nuts. So folks, go enjoy this last week of winter on the Gunflint Trail, it’s perfect weather for making a snowman and watching it melt away after next week!