Putting Your Camping Gear Away?
I’m not ready to put my camping gear away quite yet as I hope to get back out into the Boundary Waters yet this fall. I get sad when I know it’s the last time I’ll be paddling or camping so I like to tell myself I’ll get out again. If the camping season is over for you then be sure your tent is stored properly.
Hopefully when you returned from your last camping trip you did a good job cleaning it up before storing it for the winter. If not, then follow these simple steps so your tent will be in tip top shape in the spring.
- Set the tent up and let it air dry. Don’t leave it in the sun too long or it will degrade the material.
- Wipe any dirt away with a damp cloth & mild detergent.
- Lubricate zippers with a zipper lubricant like silicone spray, graphite or even wax.
- Wipe off poles & stakes and fix or replace if necessary.
- Store in a cool dry place.(To fold or roll your tent is up to you).