Perfect for Paddling or Picking
The forecast for this week looks pretty good for paddling the Boundary Waters or for picking blueberries. Abundant sunshine and warm temperatures will make that afternoon dip in the lake feel even better.
It’s been fun going to the Seagull Beach this past week. It’s just a short drive from Voyageur and the kids love to go there to play in the shallow water. It’s normally a very quiet place with maybe one or two other people there but it hasn’t been quiet lately.
Since the blueberries have been ripe for picking the beach has been a busy place. Groups of familiar faces fill the small sand beach. When they come strolling in to the beach from the parking area you can tell they have been picking blueberries. Sooty smudges can be seen all over their bodies, their knees are dirty and their backs and shoulders are sunburned. The grins on their faces say it all.
I’m thinking I might just have to go camping in the BWCA this week and while I’m out there I just might have to pick some more blueberries.
- Monday…Partly cloudy. Highs 75 to 80. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night…Mostly clear. Lows 48 to 53. Southeast winds around 5 mph.
- Tuesday…Partly cloudy. Highs 80 to 85. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night…Mostly clear. Lows 55 to 60. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday…Mostly sunny. Highs 83 to 88.
- Wednesday Night…Partly cloudy. Lows 57 to 62.
- Thursday…Mostly sunny. Highs 80 to 85.
- Thursday Night…Partly cloudy. Lows 58 to 63.
- Friday…Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 83 to 88.
- Friday Night…Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 57 to 62.
- Saturday…Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 73 to 78.
- Saturday Night…Mostly cloudy. Lows 48 to 53.
- Sunday…Partly sunny. Highs 70 to 75.