Reserve your Boundary Waters Canoe Trip Permit
It’s time to reserve your Boundary Waters Canoe trip permit for the 2020 canoeing and camping season. Permits to enter the BWCA can be reserved beginning Wednesday, January 29th at 9am. Feel free to give us a call at Voyageur to assist you with your wilderness trip planning needs. Canoe trip permits can be booked using Recreation.gov, the online reservation service or by calling, 1-877-444-6777.
- Beginning in 2019, the $10.00 reservation fee is changing to $6.00 for every quota permit. That means whether you reserve a permit ahead of time or purchase a ‘walk-in’ permit, the fee will be $6.00. This includes Day Use Motor permits.
- Group leaders (permit holders) are required to have a valid email address to reserve a permit.
- Each alternate permit holder is required to have a valid email address to be listed as an intended alternate at time of reservation.
- Alternates must respond to the recreation.gov email sent at the time of reservation and accept being an alternate within 72 hours of reservation, or the permit will not have alternates.
- If an alternate does not have a recreation.gov account, they will be required to create one at verification when they respond and accept being an alternate. Alternates can log on to www.recreation.gov and create their account any time prior to a reservation.
- All participant names must be entered for the permit to print at issuance. Participant names may be added to a reservation any time prior to the permit pick-up.
- For reservations made by a Cooperator, permit holders will receive a copy of the confirmation email.
- The new platform has stronger security controls, better protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and increased fraud protection. Recreation.gov will no longer store credit card information.