Mush or Slush, it Doesn’t Really Matter
The forecast for the weekend doesn’t look great for the First Annual Mush for a Cure. With sunny skies and temperatures up into the 50’s the snow that is left on the trail will surely be mush. We won’t let the conditions bother us because it doesn’t seem to matter to the mushers who are coming up to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
The dedicated mushers who have raised pledges in order to participate in Mush for a Cure are coming up the Trail. They will adjust their sleds according to the conditions and determine the number of dogs they will use depending upon the path we take to Boundary Country Trekking. They are not concerned with the details of the route or the conditions of the trail; only with raising money for a great cause.
The number of women affected by breast cancer is alarming. Just this past year in our small community there have been a number of new diagnosis. Although our results for raising money this year may be small, our hearts are big and we believe every little bit counts.
- Today: Mostly sunny. High 53F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight: Cloudy. Low 27F. Winds light and variable.
- Tomorrow: Clouds and sun mixed in the morning, then generally sunny for the afternoon. High 54F. Winds light and variable.
- Tomorrow night: Mainly clear skies. Low 32F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday: Showers. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the upper 30s.
- Monday: Showers possible. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the mid 20s.
- Tuesday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s.
- Wednesday: Showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.
- Thursday: Showers possible. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the mid 20s.