Happy New Year
With every ending comes a new beginning and as we say goodbye to 2006 we say hello to 2007. My hope for you in this New Year is all of the health and happiness your heart can hold. May the following words of unknown origin help guide you through a wonderful and meaningful New Year.
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them- work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls- family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass.
If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. How? Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
- Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
- Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
- Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
- Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
- Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.
- Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
- Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
- Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
- Don’t forget that a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
- Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
- Don’t dismiss your dreams; to be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.
Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way. Yesterday is History, tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a gift: That’s why we call it- The Present.