Remote Area Border Crossing Permit

A new change this year will no longer allow people to obtain their RABC Permits in person at the Pigeon River Border Crossing.  The Immigration office has informed us that all permits must be applied for through the mail.  This change will eliminate last minute trips into remote areas of Canada accessed from the end of the Gunflint Trail.  If you are planning on paddling or boating into Canada while visiting the Gunflint Trail then you must apply for this permit well in advance.  The process takes 4-6 weeks so be sure to plan ahead.  If you would like to download a copy of the permit then you can visit our site.