The Quetico Park has now joined the age of technology and is offering permit reservations online. It took them a long time but they have finally got it figured out. Mike made a reservation for a guest the other day and said the process was super easy when he followed my directions. I originally posted this on myother blog but I guess it’s worth sharing here too!
How to Reserve a Quetico Park Permit Online
We’ll still gladly reserve your Quetico Park permit for your canoe trip. The rates for the 2012 season remain similar. If you want to reserve your own permit then go to the Ontario Parks website.
Pick your reservation type- Quetico is a backcountry reservation
Choose your arrival date(can only reserve 5 months in advance of the start date of your trip)
- Pick your park- Quetico Park
- Pick your party size- 9 or less* Next you start an entry search by choosing one of the options to the right. Find on Map, In a List or On a Calendar.
- Pick your Residency- Non-Resident or Canadian
- Pick your entry Point- Cache Bay is our closest
You’ll then be prompted to reserve or start a new search. As with any website it’s easier to create a profile before you begin the reservation process so you don’t lose any of your reservation information. You’ll need to submit payment in the form of a credit card so have one nearby.
From the Quetico Park website…
To make a reservation, cancellation or change by phone, please call:
Simply call our toll free hotline (14 hours a day, 7a.m. to 9p.m. EST, seven days a week, 363 days a year).
Before you call remember:
- When making a telephone reservation, you will be asked for the following information:
- park name
- arrival/departure date
- type of site required (hydro, tent or trailer, lakefront etc.)
- your name, address, postal code, telephone number and email address
- number in your party
- method of payment (e.g. credit card number and expiry date)