Gunflint Mail Run
Coming soon to the Gunflint Trail it’s the Gunflint Mail Run Sled Dog Race on January 6th and 7th! There are two different races: a 12-dog, 100-mile race that includes two runs, approximately 50 miles each, over a two-day stretch, and an eight-dog shorter and faster race (65 miles). The race will start and finish at Trail Center Lodge with places to view the race along the way including Rockwood Lodge, Big Bear Lodge, Poplar Haus and a few other spots. Find more information on their website.
The following mushers plan to participate in the 2018 Gunflint Mail Run:
- Ryan Redington, from Callin’ Trail Kennel, Ashland, Wis.
- Erin Redington, from Callin’ Trail Kennel, Skagway, Alaska
- Julie Albert, from Chenil Makamic, Saint-Michel des Saints, P.Q., Que.
- Denis Tremblay, from Saint-Michel des Saints, P.Q., Que.
- Mary Manning, from Doodle Dog Kennel, Hovland, Minn.
- Matt Schmidt, from Mush Lake Racing, Grand Marais, Minn.
- Damon Ramaker, from Deep Root Kennel, Fountain, Minn.
- Blair Braverman, from Beaver Mountain Mushing, Mountain, Wis.
- Ward Wallin, from Silver Creek Sled Dogs, Two Harbors, Minn.
- Elizabeth Nelson, from 3G Kennel, Togo, Minn.
- John Vitek, Moetown Kennels, Hovland, Minn.
- Andy Heerschap, from Ravensway Sled Dog Kennel, Nolalu, Ont.
- Linus Meyer, from Grove Trotters, Melrose, Minn.
- Frank Moe, from Moetown Kennels, Grand Marais, Minn.
- Michael Bestgen, from Fugarwe Kennels, Saint Cloud, Minn.
- Joanna Oberg, from Run Silent Racing, Ignace, Ont.
- Dusty Klaven, from Klaven’s Crazy K-9s, Togo, Minn.
- Heather Myers, from Mush Lake Racing, Grand Marais, Minn.
- Kevin Malikowski, from Outing, Minn.
- Martha Schouweiler, from Otter Run Kennel, Irma, Wis.
- Andrea DeBoer, from Amaro Kennel, Grand Marais, Minn.
- Tim Chisholm, from Bad Moon Rising Kennel, North Branch, Minn.
- Brandon Blaine, from Paws Blazing, Milaca, Minn.
- Rita Wehseler, from Stoney Creek Kennel, Tofte, Minn.