Fun Facts about Minnesota
There are lots of wonderful things about Minnesota that you maybe never knew or may not care to know. I just found a few online I thought were interesting and thought I would share them with you.
- Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, more than any other state.
- There are 201 Mud Lakes, 154 Long Lakes and 123 Rice Lakes commonly named in Minnesota.
- Minnesota’s waters flow outward in three directions; north to Hudson Bay in Canada, east to the Atlantic Ocean and south to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Minnesota has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
- The Superior National Forest in northeastern Minnesota is the largest federal forest in the lower 48 states.